Thursday, September 2, 2010

A GPS Collar to Come for Vixen

Vixen is perfect for a GPS collar, don't you agree? If you have any experiences with them, please share! Antonia is defintely getting one for Vixen. She also shared this about when she was out taking down signs (oh and thanks to all who have helped by taking some of the signs down!):

Last night I went to the Shirlington Dog Park and Duke Street Dog Park to take down signs. It takes a while as everyone wants to hear Vixen's story. One older gentleman at Duke Street told me he is not very techno savvy and had a friend put my number in his phone and he was always on the lookout for Vixen. Then he asked for my help to remove the number from his phone. It was really sweet.

She also provides this update about Vixen after Thursday morning's visit:

I saw Vixen last night after work. She is still very skittish. They are right when they say she is afraid of everything. One false move and she gets jumpy. This morning she was on the floor with other dogs. Ricky brought her off the floor and into her suite. I tried to get her interested in me and the treats, but she just shut down, so I asked Ricky to put her back with her buddies. At lunch Ricky will put her in her suite a half hour before I arrive. Hopefully that will work out better.

So, patience is the word! I love that the staff at Woofs is evaluating her reactions and coming up with a new plan if her reaction isn't what they hope for. They are taking such good care of her.

1 comment:

little cottage girl said...

Thank you so much for sharing Vixen's story & her progress ... I've been wondering how our girl was doing ... she's had quite a scare & now it seems she just wants her old familiar surroundings ... who can blame her ... kinda like when we go back home to our old neighborhoods ... Love & Family ... Happy Memories!

Don't worry Antonia ... she will come to realize how wonderful you are, she just needs some time to adjust, bond & trust that everything is going to be ok <3

The Woofs staff are amazing & Vixen is just at the beginning of her "Happily Ever After" with you

Sending lots of hugs & kisses to you all ~ Lynn xo